Have mashed potatoes on the table in 30 minutes using your Instant Pot! These Instant Pot mashed potatoes with skin are creamy, full of flavor and so easy to make!
Serve as a side dish to a large meal or make for a quick, simple lunch as I do!
- 3 pounds of potatoes Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes work well
- 4–5 cups of water
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves sliced or roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs roughly chopped
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 Tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- Wash and scrub the potatoes under running water to clean. Slice the potatoes into ½ inch (1.2cm) rounds so that they cook evenly.
- Add the sliced potatoes and water to your Instant Pot, and push the potatoes down so that the water completely covers them. Cover and pressure cook for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Release the pressure valve on top of your Instant Pot and wait for the pin to drop down. Then remove and drain the potatoes. Return the empty Instant Pot inner pot to the Instant Pot, rinsed it out with water, or wiped it clean with a paper towel.
- Optional: Press Saute on your Instant Pot and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic cloves and herbs and mix to allow the flavors to infuse the butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove the large garlic pieces and herbs. Return the potatoes to the pot. Add the milk and salt and pepper. Mash the potatoes until completely smooth and creamy.
- Taste the mash and adjust the seasonings if needed, you can also add more milk or cream to the mash to adjust the consistency.
- Serve the mashed potatoes with pats of butter and fresh herbs to garnish.